Sunday, January 30, 2011

Family Day 2011

I can remember just like it was yesterday.  Mikey was playing college in Crete, NB on Saturdays....Branden was playing at Red Mountain High School on Fridays and Bryant was playing at Fremont Jr High on Wednesday.  I worked at an insurance company Monday thru Friday....did hair part-time....catered part-time and had to make it to every game.  What was dinner time?  Life for all of us is so hectic and we and our children are over scheduled and never on the same schedule.  September 26, 2011 is National Family Day and studies show that family meals are a very important part of raising healthily, responsible kids.  I would like to challenge all of you to try and have at least 2 sit-down-with-family meals every month.  As we grow closer to September let's try to make it 3 sit-sown-family-meals a month.  Not only does this give us time with our young ones it also opens the lines of communications which are very important. 
My two older sons are done with college, the oldest has a family of his own and the baby is a senior in College and my husband is working overseas to insure the financial stability of his family.  If I could turn back the clock I would have made sure that we shared a meal together at least once a week.  When Bryant is finished with college and hopefully back in Arizona, WE WILL have a family dinner at least once a month!!!  Keep me informed on how this is working out for you and yours.  Remember no TV, no cell phones and no silence.

1 comment: